Friday 1 October 2010

Ancillary Task Ideas

Whilst Curtis and Keri are absent, I can gather some ideas and information to help me with my ancillary tasks. The short film brief goes as follows:

3. A short film in its entirety, lasting approximately five minutes, which may be live action or animated or a combination of both, together with two of the following three options:
o a poster for the film
o a radio trailer for the film
o a film magazine review page featuring the film.


I think it would be easiest, most cost and time efficient if I completed these two ancillary tasks:

o a poster for the film
o a film magazine review page featuring the film

I think I would be best at doing these two ancillary tasks as I study Art, and English Literature and Language, so these two options fit in nicely with skills I already know. I have developed a lot of skills within my art class, such as drawing to a good standard, and how to apply paints and other medias properly. I have learned how to analyse drawings which relate to a target audience and how to draw to attract a certain audience, by drawing in the same way or using the same technique. I have also learned a lot of skills in English Lit/Lang which will no doubt help me to write the film review. I can either use a chatty, colloquial style of language, which would appeal to a majority of the public, and would most likely be published in a tabloid newspaper such as 'The Sun' or 'The Star'. Or I could use a formal, informative tone which will appeal to a large proportion of business men and women, which would most likely feature in a broadsheet newspaper such as 'The Times' or 'The Guardian'. Either way, it would appeal to a certain audience and gain their respect. I think we need to sit as a group in the pre-production stage and decide what tone we want our documentary to take; whether it is a 'fly-on-the-wall' home-made style piece, or a formal analytical view of the effects of sleep. This will then help us to all understand the theme behind our own individual ancillary tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment