Tuesday 1 March 2011

Children's Film Posters

I have looked at these film posters and decided on similar fonts, compositions and techniques to use for my own poster. I may take a characteristic from each poster to use in my own, so I cover all posts to a certain level - I want audiences to know this is an advertisement for my film.



This is a film poster advertising the children's film 'Charlotte's Web'. This is a very simplistic layout, even though it seems as there is lots going on in the poster. I like the central large image of the main character. I also like how the font of the title is the same as in the film. There is also a slogan that represents the film, another characteristic I would like to use.



'Finding Nemo' is the next film poster I analysed, as this is a well-known, much-loved children's film. The same technique is used here; the large central image, of a key character; the title font is the same as in the film. There is a slightly different technique used here, where no-one is named, just a simple release date and creator of the film.



'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' is the third film poster I looked at. This is very dark and mysterious, which will appeal to an older audience. I wanted to look at a 'Harry Potter' poster, as this is featured in our film. This shows a lot more information, in a certain font at the bottom of the poster than the other two posters. This poster is a lot more complicated than I want mine to be, but this is an example of how I don't want my film poster to look like. The only similarity I would like, is the font of the title to be the same as featured in my film.

Looking at these posters has helped me to design my own, and made me realise how simple my poster will need to be, to appeal to the right audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment